1) Patriots: A huge win over the league’s best defense puts the Pats at the head of the table. Brady is still one of the best in the game today.
2) Jets: They continue to edge out mediocre teams for wins, but down the stretch they need more out of Sanchez and the offense.
3) Falcons: The Falcons have benefited from a weak schedule, but possess the best dual threat on offense of any club at the moment.
4) Steelers: Roethlisberger put up impressive numbers last week in a big loss, but the defense looked fallible which is rare.
5) Eagles: Vick explodes onto the scene with one of the greatest performances ever in the NFL. He’s no longer a single threat player.
6) Ravens: Tough loss to Atlanta in the last minute last week and a guaranteed victory this week for the Ravens against Carolina.
7) Colts: Despite all the injuries (Clark, Addai, Colley, Gonzalez) Manning will prevail. Mark it in the books again.
8) Saints: Drew Brees is beginning to get his toys back. Reggie Bush expected back this weekend, Pierre Thomas in a week or two…this means trouble for everybody else.
9) Giants: Eli Manning’s G-men looked terrible last week against Dallas and this week they will be tested against Vick and Philly.
10) Packers: Clay Mathews as an Defensive MVP candidate and Aaron Rodgers engineering TDS creates two pretty tough sides of the ball for Green Bay.
11) Bears: Another impressive win for a club that was struggling a few weeks back. Peppers looks like one of the best free agents in a long time.
12) Bucs: A narrow defeat to Atlanta, followed up by a thrashing to Carolina, with a win this week in San Francisco the Bucs have one of the league’s best records.
13) Raiders: A great running game and stingy defense have resurrected a franchise in Oakland. McFadden is nasty.
14) Titans: Pretty soon the Titans need to just go with one QB, but if Young isn’t at full health then he will simply not win games.
15) Chargers: Rivers is having an MVP type of year in the stats and the team is finally beginning to look like a playoff contender. I bet they step it up in the second half.
16) Jaguars: A fluke win last week over the Texans puts the Jaguars in playoff contention. They are another strange team week to week that is hard to predict.
17) Texans: Schaub being banged up isn’t good for their hopes down the stretch and the defense has been among the league’s worst for this sliding team.
18) Chiefs: What a terrible game for the Chief defense against Denver! Looks like they are pretenders like usual.
19) Seahawks: The best candidate from the NFC West needs their starter healthy if they want to earn their spot in the postseason.
20) Redskins: The Eagles embarrassed the Skins last Monday night and that McNabb deal has many scratching their heads.
21) Vikings: Favre’s final stand this weekend against Green Bay? Looks like this could be nearing the end for #4.
22) Dolphins: Thursday night’s stinker reminds everyone yet again that Dan Marino is retired and the Dolphins present day QBs are not Dan Marino.
23) Browns: The best terrible team in the league. The Browns can play with anyone and will likely narrowly lose. Except against the Pats who they apparently own.
24) Rams: Bradford continues to put the Rams in contention, but they need wins against teams like the 49ers if they want postseason results.
25) Broncos: They lose by over 50 to the Raiders then beat the Chiefs by 38. What is going on in the AFC West.
26) 49ers: Troy Smith appears to be the temporary answer in San Francisco, but they damage may already be done for the season.
27) Bengals: Only 2 wins considering their out of division schedule is pretty bad. Palmer’s days as starter could be numbered.
28) Cardinals: One of the many cellar dwellers with serious problems at QB. They are a turnover machine with an overrated running attack.
29) Cowboys: A new coach and a new attitude. Still have to expect typical Kitna performances down the road of 2 or 3 INTs.
30) Bills: The signing of Merriman was bizarre, but they need serious help on defense. Worst D in the league.
31) Lions: A loss to the Bills is pretty brutal. Stafford’s injury problems aren’t very comforting for the future either.
32) Panthers: They look to start a stay at home dad at QB this week and they also put Deangelo Williams on the IR.