This week’s college Football Top 20 Rankings have the best of both worlds. Status Quo reigns supreme with a splash of changes near the bottom. It’s hard to change the order of supremacy when all Top 8 schools win. This week, the road will show the heart of most teams in the Top 20.
- Boise State (5-0) – Simply the consensus number one team should be Boise State. All they do is win. Undefeated and coming off a 57-7 win over Nationally respected Fresno State, The Broncos are on their way to another perfect season. This week they go to Colorado State.
- LSU (6-0) – The Tigers destroyed Florida and knocked the Gators out of the Top 20 with a 41-11 win. It’s on the road at Tennessee Saturday.
- Alabama (6-0)—The Crimson Tide appeared to be on cruise control in a win at home over Vandy 34-0. Ole Miss will welcome Bama this week.
- Oklahoma (5-0) – The Sooners reared their ugly head against Texas in a 55-17, diminishing ratings on the Longhorn Network. Oklahoma travels to Kansas.
- Wisconsin (5-0) – The Badgers took the week off and stayed at Number 5. This week they are home for Indiana.
- Stanford (5-0) – Colorado was just window dressing in losing to the Cardinal 48-7. This week Andrew will try his Luck at Washington State.
- Oklahoma State (5-0) – Oklahoma State came back from the week off and scored the most points of the day in a 70-28 win over Kansas. Can the points keep coming at Texas Saturday?
- Clemson (6-0) – Clemson is showing their metal and proving they are in the Top Ten to stay with a win over Boston College 35-14. This week the Terps entertain the Tigers.
- Arkansas (5-1) – The Razorbacks beat up on defending champs Auburn 38-14. This is a bye week for Petrino’s team.
- Oregon (4-1) – Oregon was in action Thursday and showed Cal who’s boss in a 43-15 route. A Top Ten and Pac 12 battle ensues this Saturday as the Beavers host Arizona State.
- Arizona State (5-1) – Dennis Erickson’s squad went into Utah for a 35-14 win. This is Beaver week.
- South Carolina (5-1) – A change at quarterback for Steve Spurrier’s Gamecocks got them back into the winner circle. Kentucky was no match. At Mississippi State is next.
- Nebraska (5-1) – A slow first half had The Huskers wondering where their game went. But it returned in the second half as Ohio State proved no match in a 34-27 Nebraska win. A Bye week is in store.
- Michigan (6-0) – It’s the best start for Michigan in years. This week they went into the Wildcat lair and won over Northwestern 42-24. State Rival Michigan State hosts the Wolverines in their first big test.
- Illinois (6-0) – A close first quarter ignited Illinois to their best start ever under Ron Zook after a 41-20 win. Ohio State is next in Champagne.
- West Virginia (5-1) – The Mountaineers can only play who are on their schedule. This week Connecticut proved to be no match 43-16.
- Georgia Tech (6-0) – The Yellow Jackets stayed in the Top 20 for the first time after a close win over Maryland 21-16. GT is at Virginia for an ACC clash.
- Kansas State (5-0) – The Wildcats move into the Top 20 for the first time. Bill Snyder has them unbeaten after a win over Missouri 24-17. The wildcats call on Texas Tech next.
- Baylor (4-1) – Baylor makes a return into the Top 20 with a win over Iowa State 49-26. Texas A & M will host Baylor this week.
- Virginia Tech (5-1) – The Hokies came from behind over Miami 38-35 to re-enter the Top 20. This week they go to Wake Forest.
Dropping Out — South Florida, Florida
Close but No Cigar – South Florida, TCU, Texas, Texas A & M