ESPN has updated their Big Ten Bowl Projections . The Nittany Lions have a two-and-a-half game lead in the Leaders Division and are projected to play for the Big Ten championship.
EPSN is projecting that the Lions would meet Michigan State in Indianapolis, even though the Spartans need a Nebraska loss. ESPN totally discount what the Lions have done this season as they are picking Michigan State to beat Penn State in the title game. Because the loser of conference title games has a tough time earning BCS at-large berths, they rub salt in the Lions wound by giving the at-large spot to Nebraska.
So the long of it is that ESPN expects the Lions to go back to the Capital Bowl and play probably the 3rd highest ranked SEC team.
Big Ten Bowl Projections
- Rose Bowl Game presented by VIZIO: Michigan State vs. BCS team
- Allstate Sugar Bowl: Nebraska vs. BCS team
- Capital One Bowl: Penn State vs. SEC team
- Outback Bowl: Wisconsin vs. SEC team
- Insight Bowl: Michigan vs. Big 12 team
- TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl: Ohio State vs. SEC team
- Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas: Illinois vs. Big 12 team
- TicketCity Bowl: Iowa vs. Big 12 team
- Little Caesars Pizza Bowl: Purdue vs. MAC team
What do you think of these bowl projections?